The JAFAKIDS Junior MTB Academy focuses on developing mountain bike riders aged between 11-19 years, beginner or expert, boys and girls, within the greater Auckland region.
Specifically, it’s about cross-country (XC) trail riding, learning to ride the natural obstacles you find on single track and getting fit to enjoy the kilometres of trail networks in our region. In doing so the focus is on fun, skills and fitness training.
The JAFAKIDS are coached on a weekly basis throughout the year by our Head Coach and a crew of volunteer coaches. Previous Head Coach Sadie Parker-Wynyard remains involved.
Rides are held on Wednesdays in Woodhill or Riverhead forests, in groups on a variable calendar.
There are three riding groups, each aimed at different development levels and an appropriate balance of fun, skills development and racing.
The next muster ride will be on October 15th 2017 1pm at Woodhill. Contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Ride – Race – Realise
The mission of JAFAKIDS is to:
- promote and encourage mountain biking as a sports option for youth in the Auckland area
- raise the profile of mountain biking through successful race results and involvement in regional, national and international events
- develop XC rider skill and knowledge through engaging coaching
- grow riders to be able to coach others
- grow membership through promotion and partnerships